Sunday, July 1, 2012

Harriet Island Paddleboat Wedding

Jana came in with a beautiful color scheme of purples and pool blue.  Her bridesmaid's dresses were pool blue (kind of a beautiful lighter aqua color) and she wanted to mix in purples and white flowers with it.  When I found out she was having the wedding on a paddleboat, I was excited to see how it would all turn out!  I haven't ever been on one or worked with them before.  I thought the setting was beautiful, and I'm sure she got many fabulous photos!  I can't wait to see them...and hopefully I can share a few when they come in.  For now, I just thought I'd post a few of the ones we took when we were setting up.

Jana was a dream to work with...I had a lot of fun planning with her and her mom!  Jana loves hydrangeas, so they were a big part of the wedding.  We ordered in some really beautiful Dutch hydrangea.  The colors were soooo awesome!  I am hoping the professional photographer really got some pictures to show that.  Mine are a bit less than perfect.

I always forget to take photos when I'm getting ready for the set-up, so I didn't get photos of the church flowers, but here are a few from the reception site and a couple of the bouquets.  The bridal bouquet was just a larger version of the bridesmaid's bouquets.  We used dark purple hydrangea with dark purple stock, dark purple lisianthus, dark purple freesia, lavender freesia, dark purple veronica, and a little dark blue delphinium.  You can see the pool blue sashes on the chairs.



Here are a few of the tables partially set up.  We only had a little space to work with on the smaller tables, so we just did a simple middle vase of hydrangea and frosted votives and bud vases filled with lisianthus on each side.  All the tables were the same except for the color of the hydrangea.  We did alternating tables of blue, purple, and white.  This photo shows the bright blue hydrangea.  Wish you could see it in person - the color was really beautiful!








Just a couple of miscellaneous things - a wrist corsage, a bout, and the cake.   





I can't wait to share the professional photographer's photos!  Thanks so much Jana!!  I had so much fun working on your wedding!






No comments:

Post a Comment